Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Knitting

Emily's learning to knit. Well, from me...I guess you could say I'm learning to knit too. I taught her what I know, so far. Erin taught me the basics and I've started a few times, but it usually gets unraveled before I get very far.
I did complete one thing, I like to call it a headband. I proudly wore it to
a girls house in our ward. After being there a while she asked, "So, is that...you have, like, a really long piece of hair?" I couldn't figure out what she was talking about. She pointed to the back of my hair. And then I realized it was the string from the knitted headband (that I'd tied it with) hanging down. I guess the brown was just about exactly the shade of my hair. Anyway, we cleared it up. She laughed and said she'd thought it felt sort of weird when she'd touched it to show me what she was talking about. Needless to say, I cut the string when I got home. So that's the story of my first knitting project. Someone thought I had a tail. Lovely.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

the Johnson Mom said...

Hey I say any time of knitting you can accomplish, (even if it does match your hair) is an accomplishment to recognize. Emily good luck with the knitting.
Angela
P.S. I tried knitting once, my scarf was big enough for a doll! Being left handed and learning from a right handed person made it wierd. :) That's my excuse why I couldn't do it. :)
Angela

The Bach 10 said...

I need to get on Tuckers blankets I need to crochet around. Thanks for the reminder. I think knitting is harder than crochet isn't it?

Saw Kate Chevalier today and thought of you. We were all at Delicia Tippets bridal shower at Amy Ashby's.

Miss you!!
Tami

Christy said...

Emily,
That's cool that you are learning to knit! What projects are you going to make.

Mrs. Rees

pickles said...

I don't know but now I don't have a broken arm any more!