Daniel and I went on a date to Hollywood Studios the other day. I didn't tell the kids where we were going, just that we wouldn't be home until late. If they actually visit and read the blog, they deserve to know. Otherwise...let's keep it to ourselves.
I met Daniel after work and our Bishop got me in for free. He was there working. (I really owe him since I was late and he had to wait for me to let me in...). When I finally calmed down (from my fit at being late) we had a great time. It rained of course and we mostly just went to the shows. Beauty and the Beast, Muppets, Fantasmic (water/light show). We hung out with a bunch of the interns Daniel works with. Let me tell you...I'm OLD!! They were all young 20-22 year olds and looked 15! And there are a bunch of girls. Only one other guy was there. (Who knew there were so many girl Mechanical Engineers. I guess they're all here at Disney.)
We rode the new Toy Story Mania. It's a 3D ride where you shoot things and it looks like there are actual darts or whatever coming out of your gun and hitting the targets. Pretty amazing actually. That's the ride our Bishop worked on as an engineer.
Well, while we had a fun time, it really just made us want to take the kids -so we're probably going tomorrow.
6 comments:
Awesome, what a fun date. Jason and I start feeling the same we love our time together but keep thinking of "The boys would really love this", or "Wouldn't the girls just be in fantasy land here". Glad you got to enjoy it as adults first. Glad you are having a great time in Florida.
PS Don't worry that you are old, you've just had a few more fun experiences, that of course you wouldn't trade for a reduction in age.
Ivy,
Your only a year older than them, :) no stress!!! :) I am glad you were able to go a date, it's fun to see shows you normally wouldn't get to see when the whole family goes. I hope you go back today. We are wanting to ride the Toy Story ride in DL, hopefully this fall.
P.S. I haven't seen the crocs commercial, it sounds funny. Also just an FYI to your family: I am not a crossing guard for the city anymore.......... I switched teams (hahaha) I am now going to cross for the county. They will be at the new school because of the county area that will go there and the best part, they pay double what the city pays, so without kindergarten crossings I will almost make the same. YEA!!
Angela
lucky u mom
justin
Ivy,
We sure miss you and it is so fun to get your updates on your blog! We are close to Becky's day, send me an email with your address so I can send you an announcement!
-Kellie
Glad you had a fun time!!!
I really love keeping in touch with blogging. Great effort on your part for taking the time to post.
That sounds like a fun date. When I went to the one in CA they had a friek windstorm and closed all of the rides. Say hi to Emily for me.
Post a Comment