Uh, okay. Sending Garrett to school without his older siblings lasted exactly one day. He was so sad, and even though he sort of enjoyed school, all afternoon he kept insisting that he was going to be homeschooled the next day. I caved!
I can't really blame him. 7 hours of school for a little five year old is really excessive and they don't even get recess every day (much less 2 or 3 times a day, like I think they need!). Daniel and I realize it would be a fight EVERY day, and for what? I don't know how much I like him going there anyway. So I explained to him that he has to follow our homeschool rules. NO fighting with Owen, Obey your teacher at all times, and never ask to play video games during school time (that's before Justin gets home from school). He promised and so I've kept him home the last two days. And he's done GREAT. Only mild wildness (is there such a thing?) since he's so excited to be homeschooled.
So far so good. But we are really just sort of taking it easy this week. Like Detox. :)
2 comments:
I'm really excited about this endeaver. You girls use to play school when you were little and you would always say you wanted to be teachers when you grew up.
Good luck with it. Hold to the rules.
Make the read the classics and memorize good poetry. Remember "poetry party"? Miss Wein? I did it when I homeschooled the last few.
Oh, yeah, that was Miss Wein! I never had her, but I remember Mom doing poetry parties with the little kids when she home schooled them. We've done it once or twice, and the kids really liked it.
And I think they will soak up lots of information, even if they're not doing a lot of "work."
Post a Comment