Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We're Here!

We finally made it to Florida. It's HOT and HUMID!! We drove through Wyonming, Nebraska, tiny bit of Iowa, Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia, and then Florida. It was soooo beautiful driving here. And unfortunately because I was driving one of the cars the whole time I couldn't snap pictures out the window like I was wishing I could. I thought, it's sooo pretty, why do we live out west!! Then I watched the news AFTER driving through Nebraska, Iowa and Wyoming...we missed the tornados by only a couple days!! That's sort of scary.
We crossed so many pretty rivers. The Mississippi was brown and very high. The Tennessee and Ohio rivers were so big! It was a great adventure. Daniel drove in front with up to two kids and I followed in the Dodge Van with the rest. The kids only saw the beauty of the drive when I yelled at them to look out the window at how pretty it was. They watched a lot of movies on the way. That would have been a dream come true when I was a kid. I dreamed of having a tv in the car when Dad would drive aaaaallllll day on family vacations.
We stopped in St. Lewis, Missouri to see the Arch and ate lunch on the brown Mississippi river.




























We were welcomed to Florida by a HUGE monsoon rainstorm, only 56 miles from our final destination! It was so bad we had to pull off to the side of the freeway and wait a while. We pulled back on, only to realize it was still really bad and got off at the next exit to wait some more. About a half hour later, we were able to resume the trip. Anyway, we made it to our hotel safe and sound and celebrated our arrival by eating at Chili's (Thanks, McBrides for the gift certificate!!!). Did I mention Florida's HOT?

9 comments:

Kellie said...

YAY! Glad you made it! I can't read your text though hee hee. Maybe it is because I am at work. It is just a bunch of symbols - or maybe that is how they talk in Florida!

Erin said...

I can read it, Ivy! Now you can enjoy the pressure of having a blog and everyone wanting you to post all the time. But you can always just post a few pictures. That will make Mom happy. :)

Allison said...

Ivy, I can't read it either. It's just a bunch of symbols for me, too. Glad you made it safely, and I'm dying to find out how things are going. Email me with what I'm doing wrong, please? Thanks.

Suvi Skinner said...

Hi Ivy! I can't wait to hear about it all. I only got symbols too, so let me know how to fix that. Got the pictures though. Good Job!!!

Ivy Skinner said...

Oops. I knew I should have waited to invite EVERYONE in the world to see this blog until I knew I wouldn't look like an idiot. or.... maybe I should write: Duh! You guys don't know how to read Webdings font!? Sigh...well, I guess I'll have to put it in regular font for you slow people. (There. Do I still look smart? Did I ever?)

Cheryl said...

Just back from girls' camp and checking my email. Glad you made it to Florida. What an adventure! Thanks for sharing it. I'll check in often to see what's going on for the Skinners. On Sunday I was momentarily forklempt when I looked at your usual pew... and you weren't there. The 7th Ward just won't be the same without you.

Ivy Skinner said...

How was girl's camp?

The Bach 10 said...

Glad you made it. Great pictures. I just started blogging myself. I emailed the info for you. One thing I have learned is look it over more than once before sending it off, I need to remember to use my spell check too.

Ivy Skinner said...

I hear ya, Tami! Thanks for commenting!