Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Nothing exciting

Okay, I sort of feel like every time I post, I have to have something Disney related to report. I think I'd better get over that, because there's just not a lot to say on that topic from me. You'll have to ask Daniel about that I guess. I also sort of made his job sound like...well, less than a job and more like pure fun. Really I was just focusing on the fun stuff. He is also receiving quite a few projects (boring ones, if you ask me) that involve a lot of looking at spread sheets ...shrug. I don't really know.

My time is spent trying to get ready to register the kids for school, getting new immunization records on the special Florida form, getting the kids physicals, and worrying about everything. The kids are supposed to start school August 18th, but we'll be gone in Ut/Idaho until the 19th so they miss the first 2 days of school. Garrett's kindergarten is all day and I have to buy them all uniforms! @#%$# It's the first year for the school to have uniforms too. I don't think I'd mind them if I knew we were staying in these schools for years, but if it's temporary...that's annoying. I've heard a few times that these are really good schools though, so that's good.

The kids are learning to swim and doing well. Garrett is a little too daring in my opinion and has caused some late night worry for me. I just need to stay really alert and keep him close. I am so glad that everyone is learning to swim though. It's so good for them, and they are doing it on their own. I haven't taken any swimming pictures because I'm always in the water with them.

3 comments:

The Bach 10 said...

Maybe you could go to a local DI and find some used uniforms since you won't be using them for long term. Who knows you may get lucky. Glad to see all the current pictures. I took a few this week but didn't put them on the computer yet. Take care! We all miss you but love your blog. Feels like I can still keep in touch.

Ivy Skinner said...

I'm on the hunt.

the Johnson Mom said...

I hope you all are living in the pool!! I'm sure Daniel is loving all the boring (Well not boring to him) stuff from the job. Uniforms!?! Does make it hard when you won't be there forever plus your kids have super cute cloths, especially that orange jacket of Emily's that I would steal if it fit me :) Good Luck with the cloths hunt! If you have a free minute when your visiting in Aug. give me a ring. I was excited to see you guys meeting people, the church does make it easy.
Angela