Friday, October 10, 2008

All home now

I'm homeschooling all of them now. Even Justin. I agonize over decisions for a long time, and then when I finally decide, it's like this quick decision and boom, "you don't have to go to school today."

Justin was sort of wanting to and had asked me if I would. So I gave it some thought and prayer and feel good about homeschooling him too. I've felt for a long time that he wasn't getting what he needs out of school. At home we are going to really focus on READING a lot and Math a lot and getting back to enjoying learning. All the kids need a boost in that respect.

I'm excited. A little nervous and worried, but more excited. The feelings I have are a 180 degrees from how I felt a couple years ago. The thought of having them all home was not a fun one. But I guess I had a lot more of my own friends and hobbies back then. Here in Florida I'm focusing more on the family and I think it's been really good. We'll see.

3 comments:

Erin said...

We could have Zed and Justin read some of the same books and maybe write to each other about them. Or we have also considered having the kids do a school-oriented blog. Maybe a Skinner/Jensen kids blog? We can make it private. What do you think?

Ivy Skinner said...

YES! I love both ideas. We'll talk.

The Lances... said...

Hi Ivy!! I think it is great you're homeschooling, I've gone back and forth about homeschooling Katija. I just don't think they teach the way my kids learn!! If anyone can do it, it's you :)- good luck with it and I'll stay tuned on the report. I still need to respond to your email - it's been a long few months, but I'll fill you in later. Good to see you and your family, I miss you, but I'm glad all of you are doing well.

Love,
Catharina