Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Caught in the Florida downpour


On our way home from McDonald's which is practically in our back yard, so we walked, Florida decided to open the skies. In the 2 or 3 minutes it took for us to get home, we were drenched!! Owen didn't know what to think of it.

The drops are HUGE and heavy and seem to splash when they hit you.

It's sort of exciting, but can get old when it does it every afternoon.

We're entering the nice weather now, though and I have to say...Florida doesn't seem so bad anymore.

It's hard to move in during the worst season of the year.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh what fun memories. My cousin and I went to Hawaii when I was in college. We had the same thing happen, we got caught in the huge downpour. We tried to wait it out then thought, "Its not to far from the hotel". We booked it, but still came back completely drenched. I still have the pictures and that was on of my favorite memories of the trip. I can't believe how tall Justin is getting. It is amazing how quickly they grow.

And those quilts are fabulous. It is so neat that you still do that. They look beautiful as always.

Becky said...

Ivy, I'm sooooo jealous. We have Santa Ana winds today and everything is drying up and blowing away. I hate it. Loved the quilts. You definately need to make one for yourself. Want me to send some material?

The Lances... said...

When did your kids get SO big?!! I remember having Garrett in nursery singing time. WOW - it all goes too fast I tell ya! You're brave to face the humidity...my hair couldn't take it ;)

pickles said...

Go thing I didn't have my cast on or it could get wet.Emily

Jessica S. said...

that happens here in NC too. Out of nowhere it'll DUMP for 30 minutes, flood every thing then be all dried up within the hour. weird.